COM CEDRUS company proposes natural antimicrobial agents produced by DuPont ТМ Danisco®. Antimicrobial agents are used to extend shelf life and increase food safety bacteriological. Being present on the market and NATAMAX® NISAPLIN® marks, they are created based nisin and natamycin. Both benign preservatives are produced by the body, which are found in nature and natural food additives.
NISAPLIN ® – based natural antimicrobial agent nisin (Е 234).
- It is effective against Gram-positive bacteria, and spores of most of the microorganisms that cause rancidity product.
- Possibility of reducing the processing temperature.
- It allows prescription of use in high pH levels, thus preventing excessive acidity in the product.
- Contribute to lower salt introduction.
- Nisin protects the product for non temperature regimes for chilled products.
- Lower temperatures and reduced exposure time in the thermal processing.
- The possibility of storage and marketing of the product at room temperature which must be kept at low temperatures, such as, for example, cheese.
- Full or partial replacement of chemical preservatives.
The rules governing the use of nisin differ widely in countries where it is allowed to be used. Moldova NISAPLIN® allowed to be used in the food industry as a preservative in processed cheese production.
NATAMAX® – natural antimicrobial agent based on natamycin (Е235).
- Effectively prevents the growth of yeasts and molds, unlike sorbates, which only slow down their development.
- Reduce risk of formation of mycotoxins.
- It has a negative effect on bacteria and starter cultures in fermented products.
- It remains on the surface – spread is prevented low degree of solubility.
- It is active at low concentrations for a wide range of pH.
- To answer consumer demand to use only natural ingredients:
- It is more efficient compared with chemical preservatives in much lower doses.
Natamycin is a food and complies with all specifications set by the FAO / WHO, EU and FCC. The rules governing the use of natamycin differ widely in countries where it is allowed to be used.
Moldova natamycin is allowed to be used in the food industry as a preservative in the production of cheese, sausages (smoked, smoked) as a means of surface treatment.